Click to set custom HTML
HOU Division Announcements
- The website has been updated as of 06 JAN 2019
- VISITORS: only during drill dates that do not conflict with STEM, training, or Inspections. Please contact the unit for the next available date!
- Renewal I.D. cards WILL NOT be ordered without prior receipt of renewal fees. Please insure we receive a check, cash, or money order 2 months prior to the I.D. card renewal to insure no lapse in coverage. Please also see the reminder on the Plan of the Day notes. Thanks
- All cadets will turn in their cell phones to Admin at the beginning of the day. They will be returned upon dismissal.
- To All,
Base access, as you know, is by list only. Our cadet and excessive staff numbers have reached a point that it is necessary to limit the number of visitors to drills as well as those parents who wish to remain all day. We will also be traveling soon and cannot allow parents to join us due to the liability and training requirements that are necessary to accompany the staff and cadets. I am, therefore, restricting Houston Division drill activities to cadets, staff, and only the parents of new recruits visiting for the first time including new transfers. Unit parents may drop their cadets off in the morning, but must exit the base or drill venue and return when cadets are dismissed to pick them up. Please see the Plan of the Day on the next screen.
As a reminder, we have a Parent Auxiliary led by LTJGs Bridget and Adam Reeves along with our Public Affairs Officer, LCDR Barry Barlow. We are developing this group as a support for the cadets in functions necessitating additional help when needed. You will be updated as the program develops.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we strive to further develop and mentor the cadets and their futures.
LTJG Charlie Lindley, USNSCC
Houston Division (083SW)
"Honor, Courage, Commitment"
- Below is the 2019/20 schedule. Some dates might have to be shifted to the week before or after depending on military availability. There's no way to tell if a unit might be called to duty at the last minute, so we have to be prepared to be flexible. Remember, their service to our country is first and foremost.
HOUSTON DIVISION SCHEDULE : 2019
(SOME DATES MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON MILITARY AVAILABILITY)
12-13 JANUARY DRILL (STEM training- meet at GEA 1/12 & 1/13)
19-20 JANUARY *ADVANCED TRAINING ONLY(STEM training - meet at GEA 1/19, Williams Pool
9-10 FEBRUARY (American Legion - NO VISITORS)
2 & 23 MARCH **split drill weekend** (Bell Ceremony- 3/02 SATURDAY, Annual Inspection @
VFW Katy 6206 George Bush Dr. Katy, TX 77493 3/23 SATURDAY)
APRIL TBD (PRT/SWIM QUALS/ SUMMER TRAINING PREP)
MAY (GRADUATION, service jacket handouts for summer trainings)
**NO DRILL JUNE & JULY**
AUGUST (Cadets return jackets from summer trainings - NO VISITORS)
OCTOBER (AIR SHOW- NO VISITORS)
NOVEMBER (VETERANS DAY)
DECEMBER (PEARL HARBOR - NO VISITORS)
. Visitors wanting to come through the main gate at JRB Ellington Field must provide name and phone numbers up to one week before drill weekend. Cut-off is Friday, one week before drill weekend to allow base security to confirm request.
Please bear with us as we work to improve this site to better communicate with you.