HOU Division Announcements
- The website has been updated as of 16 OCT 2020
- VISITORS: only during drill dates that do not conflict with STEM, training, or Inspections. Please contact the unit for the next available date!
- Renewal I.D. cards WILL NOT be ordered without prior receipt of renewal fees. Please insure we receive a check, cash, or money order 2 months prior to the I.D. card renewal to insure no lapse in coverage. Please also see the reminder on the Plan of the Day notes. Thanks
- All cadets will turn in their cell phones to Admin at the beginning of the day. They will be returned upon dismissal.
- Base access is by list only. Houston Division drill activities are limited to cadets, staff, and parents of new recruits/transfers visiting for the first time. Unit parents may drop their cadets off in the morning, but must exit the base or drill venue and return when cadets are dismissed to pick them up.
LCDR Rene' Kretovics, USNSCC
Houston Division (083SW)
"Honor, Courage, Commitment"
Please take a moment to look at your PT uniforms and ensure that 1) you have two sets and 2) they are the NSCC approved shorts/shirt. If you need to order them, please do so directly from Vanguard https://www.vanguardmil.com/collections/ns-nlcc-clothing.
Also, ALL CADETS are required to have a formal name badge to wear with your dress uniform. You can order one directly from 1800nametapes if you do not already have one in your possession. Go to https://store.1800nametape.com/dress-2.aspx. Please note that the name badge is solid black with white lettering, last name only.
- Below is the 2019/20 schedule. Some dates might have to be shifted to the week before or after depending on military availability. ALL CADETS are expected to check the POD regularly for changes!
HOUSTON DIVISION SCHEDULE : 2019 - 2020
(SOME DATES MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON MILITARY AVAILABILITY)
10 - 11 AUGUST (Cadets return jackets from summer trainings)
20-21 SEPTEMBER (drill & Skeeters game)
19 - 20 OCTOBER (AIR SHOW- NO VISITORS)
09-10 NOVEMBER (VETERANS DAY- SEA WOLF PARK & COLOR GUARD)
07 - 08 DECEMBER (PEARL HARBOR - NO VISITORS)
11 - 12 JANUARY ( Inspection Prep - NO VISITORS)
08 - 09 FEBRUARY **SATURDAY: annual inspection @ KATY Division, 8 AM** NO VISITORS (Sunday-
Culinary Arts & dining etiquette)
07 - 08 MARCH (Bell Ceremony SATURDAY, PRT on SUNDAY)
18 - 19 APRIL (SAT & SUN Open House PUBLIC EVENT @ CAF Hangar B-5, 0800 - 1700)
16 - 17 MAY with Katy Division @ VFW 9182 (Saturday/GRADUATION, Sunday/service jacket
**NO DRILL JUNE & JULY - CONTACT YOUR ADMIN FOR UNIFORM NEEDS**
. Visitors wanting to come through the main gate at JRB Ellington Field must provide name and phone numbers up to one week before drill weekend. Cut-off is Friday, one week before drill weekend to allow base security to confirm request.
Please bear with us as we work to improve this site to better communicate with you.