Click to set custom HTML
- The website has been updated as of 01 OCT 18
- Renewal I.D. cards WILL NOT be ordered without prior receipt of renewal fees. Please insure we receive a check, cash, or money order 2 months prior to the I.D. card renewal to insure no lapse in coverage. Please also see the reminder on the Plan of the Day notes. Thanks
- The next drill date is 20-21 October 2018. No visitors allowed until January 2019 drill.
- All cadets will turn in their cell phones to Admin at the beginning of the day. They will be returned upon dismissal.
- To All,
Base access, as you know, is by list only. Our cadet and excessive staff numbers have reached a point that it is necessary to limit the number of visitors to drills as well as those parents who wish to remain all day. We will also be traveling soon and cannot allow parents to join us due to the liability and training requirements that are necessary to accompany the staff and cadets. I am, therefore, restricting Houston Division drill activities to cadets, staff, and only the parents of new recruits visiting for the first time including new transfers. Unit parents may drop their cadets off in the morning, but must exit the base or drill venue and return when cadets are dismissed to pick them up. Please see the Plan of the Day on the next screen.
As a reminder, we have a Parent Auxiliary led by LTJGs Bridget and Adam Reeves along with our Public Affairs Officers LTs Ted Lieb and Barry Barlow. We are developing this group as a support for the cadets in functions necessitating additional help when needed. You will be updated as the program develops.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we strive to further develop and mentor the cadets and their futures.
LCDR Jeff Humphrey, USNSCC
Houston Division (083SW)
"Honor, Courage, Commitment"
- Below is the 2018 schedule. Some dates might have to be shifted to the week before or after depending on military availability, however it's pretty solid to go on now. There's no way to tell if a unit might be called to duty at the last minute, so we have to be prepared to be flexible. Remember, their service to our country is first and foremost.
HOUSTON DIVISION SCHEDULE
(SOME DATES MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON MILITARY AVAILABILITY)
20-21 JANUARY (CHIEF PINNING)
3-4 MARCH (USS HOUSTON-SATURDAY/ANNUAL INSPECTION- SUNDAY)
21-22 APRIL (PRT/SWIM QUALS/ SUMMER TRAINING PREP)
19-20 MAY (GRADUATION & CHIEF PINNING)
**NO DRILL JUNE & JULY**
18-19 AUGUST (FIRE TRAINING)
15-16 SEPTEMBER (FLIGHT SIMULATORS)
20-21 OCTOBER (AIR SHOW)
10-11 NOVEMBER (VETERANS DAY PARADE/SEAWOLF PARK CEREMONY)
1-2 DECEMBER (PEARL HARBOR & CHANGE OF COMMAND)
. Visitors wanting to come through the main gate at JRB Ellington Field must provide name and phone numbers up to one week before drill weekend. Cut-off is Friday, one week before drill weekend to allow base security to confirm request.
- Please bear with us as we work to improve this site to better communicate with you.